|Role title:||Trustee (voluntary post)|
|Responsible for:||To work as part of a Board along with the charities Chief Executive and sub-committees|
|Remuneration:||Reasonable expenses as per the Charity Commission’s guidelines|
|Tenure||1 year min|
|Board meetings: One annual away day, 4 Saturday/Sunday meets a year in London with ad hoc conference calls approximately 4 times a year and occasional meetings.
Annual General Meeting: ½ a day per year in London
|Background:||One or more of the below:
PR, Sales or Marketing in Professional Services
IT, Tech and Project management
Health/Mental Health i.e. Psychology/Physiatry
General trustee - Role Summary
The Centre is aiming to become a leading policy think tank on issues of Race, Race Equality and Social Justice. We are looking for Trustees to join our board to help shape our strategy and enable the charity to prosper over the long term. The Board of trustees has responsibility for governance of the charity and ensuring that it delivers on its charitable objectives. The Centre’s mission is to produce policy proposals that empower policymakers to act more decisively on racism and the social exclusion of African people in Britain. The work we do will help to eliminate discrimination and provide a fairer society for the 2million Africans living here and over the diaspora.
The Centre charges for its courses and events therefore run as a charitable business. As a result, commercial and fundraising issues arise. New trustees will have a real opportunity to support The Centre in shaping it’s commercial and operational strategy with a view to becoming sustainable and effective over the mid-long term.
Trustee duties include:
- Provide support to the board on vision, strategy and budget, to ensure that our mission is reaching as many
- Use your judgement to contribute to the Board
- Support the other board members in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the Centre
- Use your time and judgement to support the Centre’s development and engagement with the African and policy community
- Support the Board in identifying, reviewing and responding to opportunities and risks
- Review, get involved with and support our research and sub-committees
The Centre seeks to embody the values of unity, equality, justice and truth. It is an important part of the way we conduct the business. We are particularly keen to hear from people with a passion for African development and social justice.
Closing date: 19TH January 2020
Please send a CV, letter or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com